Gallery

Friday, March 15, 2013

Count Mora & Luna


I've had this piece done for a few weeks, I've just been sitting on it. I'm working on a bunch of different things right now, so I thought I would go ahead and post it before it got lost in the shuffle.

These are 'vampires' are Count Mora & Luna from 1935's 'Mark of the Vampire'. An enjoyable little film, although I'm not really crazy about the turn towards the end (don't want to give anything away if you haven't seen it, if you have seen it, you probably know what I'm talking about.)

This is another piece sort of done in my 'Monsters & Mates' style, but I decided to give it a moodier background than just the solid color. There will be more of these, I've got some sketches I'm really excited to get working on. So look for those to be posted some time in the next month or so.

2 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY LOVE this one! You perfectly nailed the likenesses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I must admit, I'm very pleased with my Lugosi here. Out of every 20-30 Lugosi drawings I do, there's at least one good one. This one was a keeper.

    ReplyDelete