Gallery

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Queen of Blood!


I've never really been a big sci-fi watcher, I'm more of the gothic horror type. But over at the Classic Horror Film Board, this month's challenge was 'Aliens'. So I decided to spend some time watching some 50s-60s sci-fi films in the possible hopes of being inspired to draw something from them. I watched 'Angry Red Planet', 'Planet of the Vampires', 'Invaders from Mars', and this one, 'Queen of Blood'. I really enjoyed watching all these movies, and I've got some more lined up to watch later. Check out the trailer:


ALSO:
I now have prints for sale!! Check the bar underneath my blog header for a link to my available prints. Some of these will be 'retired' and not reprinted once they are gone. These include: 'Mummy Trouble' (Hammer's Mummy), 'Alone' (Frankenstein's Creature), 'Trip to the Moon', 'Reptile!', 'Gorgon!', and 'Love on Skull Island' (King Kong).

7 comments:

  1. I've some how managed to never see queen of blood. now I am sad.
    great pic though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know I love this one, but I feel compelled to say it here again.

    Wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Andrew you should check out it out. It has John Saxon, Dennis Hopper and a cameo by Forrest Ackerman! And the 'Queen' is wicked cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belle,

    Nice work! It looks just like her and you really captured her body language.

    You also mentioned another film, The Angry Red Planet. I watched that motion picture for the first time a few years ago. I thought it was done well considering it was filmed in 10 days on a small budget. I also liked the Martian's warning message which makes commentary on our human developmental stage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lee!
    Yes, I really enjoyed 'Angry Red Planet'. I was also thinking about drawing the 'bat-rat-spider thingy.
    I don't know if you've seen 'Lost Skeleton of Cadavra', but while I was watching 'ARP', I couldn't help but think of how similar the dialogue between the male/female leads were to Paul & Betty Armstrong in 'Lost Skeleton'. So great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belle: A couple of days ago, I posted a review of QUEEN OF BLOOD to the Bantam Street blog. If I had seen your terrific cartoon of Florence Marley first, I would have used it (with permission, of course) to illustrate the review. Nice work!
    -- Bob Deveau, The Doomed Farmer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Bob! I would have loved to have been a part of the Bantam Street blog! You probably know I've got a Lost Skeleton tribute coming up. If you have any thing you'd like to share, I'd love to have it!

    ReplyDelete