Gallery

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Prof. Owl and the Haunted Tree Stump

Hey everyone! Here's a new Halloween piece that I did for the countdown. Hope ya'll like it! As you can see by this piece and the banner for this year, I'm obsessed with this color palette.

I also wanted to mention that I work long hours Mon-Fri, so I'm not always able to reply to comments right away. But I do really appreciate you fine ladies & gentlemen, taking time to make them. I'll be doing my best to make pre-scheduled posts on the days that I'm working. I did well to get a Mon-Tues post in this week, but I missed Wednesday. I'll also be trying to catch up on reading all the other blogs that are pumping out some amazing content for Halloween!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, saw this owl/tree image in the blog feed and had to click! If you're obsessed then I indeed look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be at least one more piece in this color palette. But I'll have a few other Halloween pieces through the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this piece. And the pallette is just the best. It gives the art a vintage feel to it. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never go wrong with this palette of colors. That stump doesn't look to happy with his new occupant. Love to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you love this palette. It's tree-mendous. Lovely Belle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that old torn paper look in the background. Filter or an real image? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your banner is fantastic!
    I love this color palette and the torn paper is a wonderful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone!
    Leigh, it's a real image. I got the paper textures from Lost & Taken: lostandtaken.com
    Another source that I use a lot is CG Textures: www.cgtextures.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I wanted to add, those are both FREE texture sites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work as always Belle... I'd love if you could find time to put a book of your artwork together (through BLURB maybe) sometime. I'd love to own a collection of your work, it's so inspiring.

    KEEP POSTING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, actually, I think the banner paper, came from The Graphics Fairy
    www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete