Gallery

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day


It was Valentine's Day in 1931 that audiences were introduced to 'Dracula'. With that in mind, I decided that it was time for me to pay tribute to The Count & his prey, Mina. This is #2 in a series that I began last year, that I'm unofficially referring to as the 'Monsters & Mates' series. Some of you might remember my 'Black Lagoon' piece from last summer. And now 7 months later...a NEW one! I did try working on a Wolf Man piece shortly after I did the Black Lagoon 'Creature', but it just wasn't coming together. And this piece is actually a second draft. I had drawn both figures and had begun re-drawing them in Illustrator, when I realized that I just didn't like my drawings very much. It was very stiff, and I wanted it to be cartoony fun. So I went back to the sketch book, and drew it again. This time, worlds better. And the good news is, if you like the Monsters & Mates there will probably be more coming real soon. I have really solid Frankenstein & Mummy drawings, that I can't wait to get started on. So as soon as I have some free time, that's my next project.

3 comments: