Gallery

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Halloween Art Day - Dia De Los Muertos 'Sugary Spirits'


ZaPow gallery in Asheville, NC is hosting a Dia de los Muertos group art show which opens tomorrow night. This is my piece for the show. I wanted to do a kind of Halloween/Day of the Dead hybrid piece in the style of a die-cut decoration.
The opening reception is October 5 (tomorrow night) from 7-9 pm. There will be Free Beer, a live Mariachi Band, Sugar Skull Face Painting and Palm Reading. Sounds like lots of fun, and I'm looking forward to attending this event.

5 comments:

  1. Wish I could be there. Sounds like a great time. Love that picture, the coloring is inspired.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I'm looking forward to the event, I hope I can get some great photos to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! One of my favorite pieces of yours! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete