Gallery

Friday, October 19, 2012

Halloween Book Day & Give-A-Way!

Hi all! It's been a crazy day today so I haven't had time to prepare today's post to the full extent that I would have liked to. BUT to get it in, it's going to be brief post. This is also my final book give-a-way for the month.
But now for the winner of last week's book 'Goth-Icky'..........

John Rozum!!
Congratulations! I know you will really enjoy this fantastic book!

Now for the third & final book give-a-way:
'The Upturned Stone' by Scott Hampton


This is one of my favorite books. The story is about a group of young boys in the 1960's who take a pumpkin off of the grave of an unknown boy who was murdered. On Halloween, the pumpkin is turned into a Jack 'o Lantern & a pie. The boys eat the pie & begin having strange & disturbing dreams. This is a great spooky story and reading it for the first time reminded me a lot of the film 'Stand By Me'. Here's some sample pages:



I also like that the story takes place in my home state, North Carolina. In addition, they also dress up as the Hammer Horrors on Halloween.


And that's something else I really love. But this is a really great book & I highly recommend it.

So, if you want to win a copy of 'The Upturned Stone', leave a comment below. The book is on order, and 'hopefully' will be here when I announce the contest winner. And you can comment if you already have the book, I'll be doing a name drawing from a hat next Friday (10/26/12) to select a winner.

5 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! I'm very excited for this. Thanks, Belle! You're the best.

    The Upturned Stone is a great read and Scott's art is gorgeous. Whoever wins that will be very pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belle Dee, please put my name in the hat! The story and the setting sounds very interesting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an awesome book and I'll look it up even if I don't win the hat draw! I'm from North Carolina as well and I love stories that take place here. Makes it seem more "real" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up on all the Halloween Countdown Bloggery now in November.
    Loved your vintage scans!

    And THIS graphic novel seems right up my alley. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete