Gallery

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Parade Skelly


This year, I've been practicing drawing skulls. I've done sketches of Halloween skeletons in the past, but I was never very happy with the result. I wanted them to be more fun and have a more animated feel to them. For whatever reason, I was having a tough time trying to capture that. But I started to figure out what I needed to do and sketched out a couple of skulls that I really liked. I think he's a good fit with my other Halloween characters I've done this year. Little Skelly would be fine companion for Monocle Cat & the Grand Pumpkin on this year's banner.

6 comments:

  1. He is awesome! You have quite a trio going so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this guy. I think all of your Halloween characters would make for a great animated series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always impressed with your work. I have a dumb question: do you use one of those computer art programs or is this done by hand? It is so neat and clean. I really enjoy everything you do. I'm goin back to full-time work soon and on my to-buy list is your art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not a dumb question at all! I do sketches on paper, and then I re-draw them (using a mouse) in Adobe Illustrator. So I really end up drawing it twice. That is one of the nice things about working on a computer is that you can get those really clean lines. I tried to post a step-by-step process of how I work on here awhile back, but I couldn't get the photos to load up right. After about 6 hours of working on it, I gave up. I might try to do it again with something simpler.
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. Thank you so much for the answer! That is very cool. I've seen YouTube videos of folks using various computer and iPad programs to paint and make this wonderful, gorgeous stuff. It's impressive. I would love to see a step-by-step of your stuff, for sure! I love your style so much. Take care and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete