Gallery

Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween Book Day & Give-A-Way!

So before I get into this week's book, I wanted to post the winner of last week's book drawing. I did the drawing, old-fashioned style, by drawing a name from a hat. Soooooooooo, the winner of last week's book 'Dressed for Thrills: 100 Years of Halloween Costumes & Masquerade' is.........

Caffeinated Joe!!
Congratulations Joe! You will be getting a Halloween book from DWD Headquarters!


Now for this week's book:
 'Goth-Icky'

I discovered this book through a post on 'Secret Fun Blog' a few years back. The post was actually about the 2003 Target Halloween ad campaign that was put together by the Charles S. Anderson Design Co. If you've never visited Secret Fun Blog or are not familiar with the post I speak of, I urge you to go check it out. This is an amazing little book, jam packed with striking images and superb design work. 







AND, if visual stimulation isn't enough for you, it also has fun commentary by Mike Nelson of Mystery Science Theater & RiffTrax fame!


I'm a big MST3K fan so having Nelson's commentary on these pieces is golden.

I also want to mention there are 3 other books in this series, all of which I own:
'Happy Kitty Bunny Pony' (my second favorite of these books), 'Love Sick' and 'Fluffy Humpy Poopy Puppy'. But for a person like me who loves the dark side, 'Goth-icky' is tops.

So again, if you want to win leave a comment below. I will announce the winner on Friday, Oct. 19. You may still comment even if you aren't entering the contest.

AND one more thing to mention, I have some Halloween Prints & card sets available for sale now. Just go to the bar under the banner on the home page or click here.

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! So thrilled that I won! Thanks, Belle Dee, for hosting the giveaway. Can't wait to read and look through that book.

    And good luck to whomever wins this one, looks great, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it says about me that I have all these books that you're giving away already! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I've wanted this book since that same Secret Fun Spot post, yet never gotten around to picking it up, please put me in for this contest.

    Joe -- Congrats. That's a really cool book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got the book, thank you so much!!! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete