Gallery

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year! Hello 2013!



Well, here it is the first post of the new year! First on the agenda, take down the Christmas banner, and put up a brand new banner for 2013! I decided to go with a witchy theme. Witches, the year '13, seems like a good idea. Plus for whatever reason, this is the time of year I like to watch the film 'Haxan, Witchcraft through the Ages' from 1922. I have a fancy pants DVD from the Criterion Collection, but it is a copyright free film so you can watch it online. One place you can get it is the Internet Archive (if you are interested).

So here we are into the new year already. Where does the time go? I've got all kinds of plans for the year 2013, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to follow through with them as much as possible. I want to try to re-focus and work on some project that have been buzzing around in my brain for awhile. I think lately I just haven't been interested in sitting in front of my sloooooow computer to work on art. But I have been getting a lot of enjoyment out of sitting down with a sketch pad. This year I really want to try to explore other media, although I will still be doing digital art pieces.

As I've mentioned here on the blog before, I currently have art on display (and for sale) at the gallery ZaPow! in Asheville, NC. The owners of ZaPow recently began doing a podcast called 'Illustration and a Beer', where they sit down with one of their in house artists for a chat. This past Sunday, I was the featured guest. If you are interested in hearing me go on & on, you can find it on itunes or you can listen to it on ZaPow's website.

2 comments:

  1. Here's to an awesome year ahead for you and us all! Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design! I like the feel of movement in this piece. Everything flows well. Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete