Gallery

Friday, April 1, 2011

No Foolin', I win!


I'm very pleased to announce that I have won a Rondo award for 'Fan Artist of the Year'! I can hardly believe it!

Things have been busy lately. And when I say that, I don't mean that I'm getting a lot done, but I have some major projects in the works. One that I'll mention is that I am going to be a featured guest at this year's Wonderfest. I recently completed the art that will be on the t-shirts and some of the printed material, like tickets & badges. Wonderfest is going to be very exciting because I will get to meet Hammer actresses Caroline Munro & Martine Beswick! They will be the first Hammer stars that I've ever met, and I'm so thrilled. In addition, I will be able to attend the Rondo Award ceremony, where I will accept my award. This terrifies me as I'm not especially good at speaking in front of a large group of people. I'll just have to keep it short & sweet!

Got to go for now, lots to do. More news to come...

13 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll do fine. You deserve the award for your sheer originality in the face of the all pervading realistic work that permeates the genre. Go girl.:)

    ade

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic news... if it's not a april fools joke... either way well deserved.
    jeremy
    iZombie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ade! That means a lot to me!

    Thank you Jeremy!
    It's no joke! (I thought some might think that because of the date I decided to post this). You can click on the Rondo banner to the right to see the winners, I am indeed on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know i just went on a quest and found the award honor you got... i am so happy for you...
    whoot-whoot!
    jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Have a great time at Wonderfest. I hope you sell tons of your fantabulous stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fantastic, Belle, congratulations! Keep us posted on Wonderfest-- I'd love to see pictures after the event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! I am thrilled that you won!
    I can't wait to see your Wonderfest designs!

    -Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!You do great work, and I can't wait to see more this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much everyone!! I will post my Wonderfest design when I can, and I will definitely have photos and a full report when I get back from Wonderfest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was not at all surprised that you won. You completely deserve it. You work is amazing and inspiring. I can't wait to see what you do next. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well well wellllll that is indeed AWESOME news Belle! I've been wondering what you've been up to since I saw you last. I will say that it could not be given to a more dedicated individual. CONGRATS to you!
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you John! I really appreciate your kind words!

    Scott!! Hey, I was thinking about you, wondering what you were up to! I'll have to try to send you an email sometime soon! Thanks!! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete