Gallery

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Welcome to the Lost Skeleton Tribute!

Greetings one and all! For the next two weeks, I will be hosting a tribute to Larry Blamire's films, 'The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra' and 'The Lost Skeleton Returns Again'. I would first like to thank all of my contributors who have made this possible. If you have something you would like to submit, please send it to me at: scbilbrey@hotmail.com.

First a few words from me about 'The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra'.
I was browsing through a local DVD store back in 2005, when I saw some movie on the shelf called 'Lost Skeleton of Cadavra'. It looked like something I might like, so I rented it and took it home to watch. I was instantly hooked on this movie. I loved it so much, I actually kept out the DVD from the store until I was able to order my own copy, which I watched repeatedly. It's cleaver, it's fun, and I always recommend this film to anyone who will listen to me. In 2009, I actually met Larry Blamire and it was awesome to shake his hand and let him know how much joy he'd brought to my world.

And now, let the skeleton posting begin. Our post today, is from the man who brought us the Lost Skeleton, writer/director/actor, Larry Blamire:


As a person who once dreamed of a world where a living, breathing (well), walking, sarcastic, bombastic and egotistical skeleton could exist for real, on a movie screen, I am proud and extremely unapathetic towards our growing and enthusiastic fanbase (like a submarine base, only with fans moving in and out of port, instead of subs). I am particularly grateful to those wonderful fans whose expressions of pure Skelly love extend to art and costumes and models (and the occasional parade float). We truly have the best. Not least among them, the awesome hostess of this tribute, Rondo Award-winning Belle Dee whose unique style has honored us with several wicked cool pieces over the years.
I HUMBLE NOW! --Larry Blamire The Man Who Dared to Dream About Rocks

2 comments:

  1. There's a lot in what you say, Mr. Larry Blamire.
    In many ways, it's hard to be a LSOC fan, the fan of a lost skeleton.

    And yet, in other ways, it's good. Really good.

    Thanks for doing this, Belle Dee. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the rest of the tribute!

    ReplyDelete